Overview: This guide completes the following steps:1. Configure Xero
1. To get started, go to Add-Ons>Xero>Settings.
2. Click on message for Xero to authenticate SimplePay.
3. Login with your Xero credentials.
4. Allow access to SimplePay to post transactions to your account [pressing the button will redirect back to SimplePay.]
5. Select the Organisation where you want to export data.
6. Select how to export data to Xero:
I. All transactions will be posted as Bill.II. Bill can be viewed in Xero from Business>Bills to pay>Draftb. Manual Journal
I. Only Payroll transactions will be posted as Journal, all other transactions will be posted as Bill.II. Journals can be viewed in Xero from Accounting>Reports>All Reports>Journal Report>ManualJournals>DraftIII. User can select Multiple Wage accounts for employees in case of Manual Journal.
c. Multiple Wage Accounts
I. To manage wages in more than one account select 'Multiple Wage Accounts' option In PayrollLiability (Net Pay) dropdown and Save.II. New Menu option 'Manage Wage Accounts' added.III. Employees can be managed in multiple wage accounts from this screen.
7. Use chart of accounts imported from Xero in the drop down lists and map expenses and liabilities in SimplePay to
1. Select [in case of multiple periods] which one to export, or All.
a. Export by pay period end date OR
b. Export by date range
2. Set ‘Due Date’. This is set as the bill due date in Xero.
3. Export Payroll and/or Taxes [separate records for CRA, RQ and WSIB) in following formats.
a. Single Entry for a Pay Period
b. Bill, group by Expense Category for the pay period (Employees can be grouped in Expense Categories inEmployee>Setup page)
c. Bill, group by Department for the pay period (Employees can be grouped in Departments in Employee>Setuppage)
d. Separate Bill for each employee in the pay period
4. After selection click ‘Export to Xero’ button to send data to Xero.
SimplePay will be connected to tracking categories in Xero. Go to Settings>Timesheet>Categories.
1. Give a title to job/projects in SimplePay. This Category Title must be exactly the same as the Tracking Categories name in Xero (Case Sensitive).
2. Select Checkbox to (Use as Tracking Category in Xero).
3. If checked, this category will be required to be selected for timesheet data entry.
4. Sets how job/project data is entered in the timesheet.
a. Drop down means a selection from a list.
b. Text means typed in data.Maximum 2 ‘Categories’ can be defined in SimplePay to be used as tracking categories in Xero.
5. If data input [4a] is drop down, create contents for selection in timesheet here.
These must be exactly the same as Tracking Category Options created in Xero (Case Sensitive).
To add timesheet to a pay period, go to Payroll>Timesheets and select an employee.
When journal is exported separated by job/projects, only the gross salary will be divided into tracking categories [not the